Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Nucleus


I attended a ceremony at a hospital in honor of…some kind of good Samaritans. A younger-looking women gathered our attention with a small bell and a speech about how Nucleus (their organization, I'm guessing) is not self-centered; rather, it is simply the core around which Samaritans work and that business-wise, their organization is structured more like a sphere than a circle.

They even had a 3D diagram on display to help explain, but it was all done in purple and red so it was a bit hard to tell what it was all about. After her slightly ominous-sounding speech, people were free to get food that caterers had set up on a few small tables. I tried getting pizza but somebody who actually worked for Nucleus wouldn't let me because I "wasn't a proper guest". 

With that, I decided to walk around outside to try and find somewhere to get find something I could eat. There weren't any restaurants, but I did come across a car show with an interesting centerpiece: a working Volkswagen made almost entirely out of wood and pieces of scrap metal. The tires were collections of bicycle tires, the seats were backboards from mattress frames with cushions attached, the side view mirrors were set in old (cooking pots?), and so on and so on. What was really cool about the car was its radio; a miniature jukebox was mounted into the dashboard and partially remodeled to play both vinyl records and pick up radio signals.

This car was far from the only car at the show, but it was definitely the most popular. I don't even like cars all that much and I felt like I had looked over every inch of the car that I could without getting inside. And to top things off, I woke up before I could find anything to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment