Monday, May 21, 2012

A Large Beetle

I woke up in my room and felt like I hadn't slept at all during the night. I could see but I couldn't really move anything other than my head. For one reason or another, I felt as if my eyes were closed during this event.

Looking around, I saw that the room  was pretty bright,  as if the room was filled with sunlight. My curtain fluttered and I hoped that my window wasn't really open in real life. A very large beetle (it seemed like it could possibly be a foot long) came in through the window and crawled around on the wall. It fluttered its wings as it sat and eventually it flew onto the shirts that I had hanging in my closet. It buzzed around, finally coming to a rest on the sleeve of one of my jackets. 
 
I don't have any problems with insects but there's something about seeing a foot-long beetle in your room that just seems unsettling, especially considering that I could hear its wings flutter as it flew around. The beetle in question. I've seen these beetles in my yard and occasionally in my room, and they only get to be about half an inch long or so. Thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment