Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dream 0

I've been a bit lazy lately with keeping my dreams written on paper, so I'm starting a blog as a change of pace. Hopefully things will go better this time, so keep your fingers crossed.

The oldest dream of mine that I can still remember was from around the time I was in kindergarten. This was back when I would walk the mile or so down the road to the school with my mom every day, which I liked very much for some reason (I guess I wasn't so lazy back then). The dream was very grey and looked almost exactly like it would have in the real world, but large pieces were missing.

Pieces of buildings, the ground, the sky...almost everything had chunks taken out of it that were filled by a soft blank "void". Needless to say it was a bit worrying to my innocent 5 year-old self. As we walked my mom said nothing but did avoid the patches of nothing that we passed and motioned that I should do the same. We came to one of my favorite parts of the walk soon enough; passing over a large concrete creek that ran beneath the highway. I don't know why, but places like that have always interested me.

Sitting on the guard rail was the largest and most brightly colored pigeon I had ever seen. It's chest was a colorful mix of pink, blue and green and its eyes a vibrant yellow, though it looked a bit oblivious to the situation. Without thinking, I reached out to pet it and to my surprise it actually allowed me to. It did not coo o. All it did was sort of bob its head back and forth as pigeons do and after a minute of my little self pestering it, it flew away. Being so young at the time, I believed that I had actually met this pigeon in real life when I woke up and I was a a bit disappointed when I found out otherwise.

I guess that's just how life works.

No comments:

Post a Comment