Monday, September 17, 2012

Shopping


I was in a department store. Something that looked like a department store, at least. Everything had a feeling of being very open, like there were lots of windows on one side of the room.

A man in pinstripe pants and a lavender shirt came up to me and said he knew exactly what I would look good in. He recommended that I wear a red shirt under a red button-up with gray slacks; apparently looking like a doorman or a valet look good in dreams and passes for acceptable fashion. As I was leaving I was stopped by a manager (or who I'm assuming was a manager) who asked if I was looking for a job, but he immediately retracted his offer as soon as I said yes.

Disappointed, I decided to go outside. Everything that I could find outside of this one store was under construction, with crews of people constantly operating machinery and laying down bricks and cement. The only cars on the road, for example, were construction trucks hauling rebar around. I think a worker yelled at me about not wearing a hard hat in a construction zone, but it was too loud to make anything out for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment