Thursday, September 20, 2012

An Office Tour

Job interviews are always a pain. This dream started at the end of one such interview.

I left the room I was just interviewed in and passed through the waiting room, which was filled with men in business suits. I felt a bit out of place because I was wearing casual clothes, but so far everything was going smoothly.

 The hallway outside looked completely normal. People in suits buzzing around between offices and all that, none of whom payed any attention to me. Suddenly, one of the workers stopped down the hall from me and put his hands up to his face. Thin pieces of bone poked out of his mouth; more bone followed as a skeletal arm reached out. Soon it was followed by another, then a head and a long and thin body. Then it happened again.

Not one, but two pale white things stood in the hallway next to a crumpled suit with a wrinkled mass of skin inside of it. I'd say that they were skeletons but they weren't made of conjoined pieces. They were more like pliable white bone. Though they certainly looked odd, the creatures didn't seem hostile and didn't even really appear to notice me.

I almost thought it was going to turn into a bad dream, but it went back to being fairly normal. One of the beings picked up its suitcase and went to a photocopier to make copies of some documents that it held. It also faxed some things away. Meanwhile, the second being was casually drinking water down the hall. When the two of them were through they gathered up their skin and went into a bathroom, soon coming back out in their "disguise". Throughout this entire event not one person besides myself thought that something strange was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment