Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Nice Place


I was sitting on a large, rounded platform carved out of polished red granite that floated  in a clear blue sky. I was high above an empty sea with not a speck of land in sight; I was totally isolated on my granite platform, and I loved it. 

There was no sound save for the faint traces of churning water below and the hum of a soft but constant breeze. Maybe I was moving, maybe I wasn’t; there weren’t any real landmarks to be able to say for sure.  After enjoying the seclusion for a while I decided to test my personal limits of lucid dreaming. Starting small, I brought out a wooden stool to sit on and a beat-up guitar to play. 

The guitar wasn’t supposed to be old and worn down, so that’s probably something I need to work on. When I actually got around to playing it, the sound was off and I realized that the strings weren’t even in the positions that an actual guitar would place them in. It still sounded nice, however, so I left it as is and tooled around playing some tunes for a good long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment