Saturday, December 8, 2012

Back in class?

I was in a classroom (this happens a lot, is probably a dream sign) and it seemed to be a literature class.

An older lady that was apparently the teacher passed out graded assignments; I got roughly twice the amount of papers that everybody else did, including sheets of construction paper decorated with a small boy dressed in blue clothes that looked a bit like robes. A lot of the papers featuring this boy looked like they were designed to be book covers.

Looking around the class I saw that I was sitting in front of a guy dressed like a typical gangster, who was furiously scribbling something into a spiral notebook. A closer look showed that he was writing in Korean. 

“Yeah, Korean is my jam,” he replied to my inquiries about this curious event. He then proceeded to show me sketches of Aztec-styled dragons and serpents that he had drawn on other pages in a spiral. One drawing in particular caught my eye; one that almost looked like it was a fractal, a quartet of dragons made of squares that emerged from a single square and formed a Buddhist manji.

Soon after, the bell rang and I left the room. The building outside of the classroom was a massive complex filled with stairs and students and I did what I always do when I see stairs: I slide down them. So I slid and slid. I looked down at my feet and watched them skip over the steps. I leaned back and slid down the stairs more slowly.

The walk to the exit was fairly uneventful and I broke out into a run as soon as I stepped out of the front door. Running was extremely easy in this dream; within seconds my feet were hardly touching the ground and I jumped over a large hedge, landing on all fours in a field of freshly cut grass.

I couldn’t help but smile at how clearly I saw the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment